Hot stone massage
Hot Stone Massage is a deep massage that uses soothing oils and warm basalt stones to relax your muscles.
During a treatment I will massage with the stones as well as use them as placement stones to provide heat and energy to particular areas of the body.
Heated stones have been used for healing throughout history, as far back as in ancient civilisation.
- Instant heat providing a relaxing warm feeling to aid in relaxation;
- Instant stress reliever having a sedating effect on the nervous system;
- Provides deep and even pressure throughout massage;
- Deep heat aids in the alleviation of muscle tension, aches and pains;
- Increases blood flow bringing new oxygenated blood to tissues and removing waste products;
- Increases lymph flow helping the body to rid itself of toxins and to aid the immune system.
As with all massage there are some contraindications to treatment including pregnancy, heart problems, immune system problems/cancer, nerve system/nerve damage. If you are unsure if it is suitable for you please get in touch prior to booking your appointment. You will be required to fill in an online consultation form after booking your first appointment.
** 60 & 90 minute appointments available **
Cold Stones also available and/or combined hot & cold stone massage. This is actually very relaxing and encourages an even more effective removal of toxins from the body.
I hold a VTCT Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy Diploma and a Level 4 diploma for injury and rehabilitation. I am currently working towards my Level 5 in Sports & Clinical Therapy with Core Elements UK.
View my online diary and book your hot stone massage appointment online here